Martin Murphy and James Vickery started publishing Christian books to feed the soul; therefore, God ought to be at the center of each one. Theocentric books are God-centered books. We chose the name Theocentric Publishing Group because we want a God-centered publishing ministry. If you want to write a God-centered book on Bible doctrine or a God-centered story of your life, then we hope you will let Theocentric Publishing help you tell your story. Turn your sermons or teaching notes into a book that will serve the church for generations to come. The story of your God-centered life will touch many lives in the form of a book.
We publish high quality trade paperback books with the following features:
Library of Congress control number
Standard cover design
Major distribution through Amazon and other major on-line booksellers
Available to local bookstores through major wholesale book companies
E-book through Kindle
We work with authors at their level of manuscript preparation; anywhere from a rough draft to print ready manuscript.
There are several ways to publish a book.
1. Traditional Publisher – The publisher pays the author for a manuscript and a small royalty based on the assumption that the book will sell enough so that the initial investment will be recovered and the publisher will make a profit. Name recognition is the primary asset of the author for this method of publishing.
2. Self Publishing – The name is true to the method. The author writes, edits, compiles, formats, and makes arrangements to have the book printed. Then the author sells the book.
3. Vanity Publishing – These come with various services for which the author pays for all services. It is called vanity publishing because the company appeals to the emotions of the author, rather than the prospect of helping the author accomplish the purpose of publishing.
We do not fit into any of the categories. Theocentric Publishing will assist the author through the writing and editing process. The author’s book will be published by Theocentric Publishing Group at a reasonable cost to the author.
- We are unashamedly Christian and to that end we publish the following statement of faith.
- We believe in the Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting.
- We believe the Bible is the word of God, the only rule for faith and practice.